Is anyone linking EE and NEET agendas?

Please post any comments or questions related to other government policy and legislation issues here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LJWiltshire1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is anyone linking EE and NEET agendas?

Post by LJWiltshire1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:45 am

The Government wants LAs to reduce numbers of young people NEET and has brought in legislation to Raise Participation Age (in education or training).

Are any LAs looking at linking up:
a)stimulating demand for EE measures, and therefore demand amongst employers for additional skilled posts, with
b)improving skills base of local workforce, and
c)the funding thats available to SMEs to train young recruits
thereby potentially providing routes to reduce NEETs, contribute to reduced FP, creating jobs and stimulating local economy?

Lisa

TomV
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Is anyone linking EE and NEET agendas?

Post by TomV » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Lisa,

Global Action Plan, who I work for, is involved in "Transform", a partnership which aims to look at those issues together. We are working with some large businesses across the UK and are looking for new partnerships.

You can read more about the project on this link http://www.globalactionplan.org.uk/how-transform-works, which also has contact details for Philippa Ward, who runs the programme.

I hope that's useful.

Cheers
Tom

LJWiltshire1

Post by LJWiltshire1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 am

Hi Tom
Thanks for that useful info, I have taken a look at the site and will email Phillipa. Ideally I'm looking at trying to support local SMEs through provision of trained, skilled young people rather than supplying a large national company like B Gas however the model is very interesting and I'm sure a contact with Phillipa will be really useful.
Cheers
Lisa

David

Post by David » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:23 am

The question reminded me of the old Glasgow Heatwise project. Where they used trainees to provide insulation.

See http://www.eaue.de/winuwd/123.htm

Return to “Other policy and legislation issues”