'Free' Solar PV scheme

A forum for discussions on renewable energy technology
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Iballt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

'Free' Solar PV scheme

Post by Iballt » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:06 am

Hi,

West Lancashire Borough Council is currently looking into the possibility of fitting solar photovoltaic's on the roofs of our housing stock, through one of the many ‘rent your roof’ offers around at the moment. The installer will fit the panels free of charge and insure and maintain them for 25 years. They take the income from the feed in tariff and our tenants benefit from free electricity and a reduction on their energy bills.

Once we have started to look into this we have come up against a few issues, mainly related to the 25 year legal agreement we would need to sign and how this affects tenant’s right to buy, re-writing tenant’s agreements, access requirements etc.

I’m just wondering if anyone has done, or is looking at, anything similar or has looked and dismissed it for any reason. Any information would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Tina Iball
01695 585197
christina.iball@westlancs.gov.uk

David Nicholls
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 'Free' Solar PV scheme

Post by David Nicholls » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Tina,

Great to talk with you .

As Head of Delegates for a seies of events www.govtoday.co.uk addressing Carbon Reduction I often come accross some great ideas and the Free Solar, Free Fitting +10% share in the FIT for 25 years not to mention the first 3 years FIT being paid upfront by Solar Europa is the best deal I have seen.
For those with spare cash to throw at Solar then buy your own because 100% FIT is a great idea but if not the long term strategic partnership of Solareuropa offers genuine VFM that leaves roof rental a very poor runner up.Happy to pass details to anyone who wants them or check it out for yourself. My contact is a friendly chap called David Hawkins

Return to “Renewables”