Cavity Wall Insulation - Quality Research

A forum for discussion of domestic insulation - cavity wall, external / internal wall insulation, loft insulation etc...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rice_n
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cavity Wall Insulation - Quality Research

Post by rice_n » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 am

Hi everyone,

In Northern Ireland, we are planning to undertake a major research project into the quality of existing cavity wall insulation. This includes bonded bead, mineral wool and insulation board in cavities and is in response to some evidence of failure of previously installed insulation. We are planning to check 300 dwellings across N Ireland. Has anyone undertaken any research like this before? If so, would you have a specification as to how each house inspection should be carried out?

Noel Rice
Energy Conservation Manager
Northern Ireland Housing Executive

ALEO Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cavity Wall Insulation - Quality Research

Post by ALEO Admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Noel

I've had the reply below emailed through from Chris Chapman:

Good morning Rob,

I am unable to get on line to your web site at the moment so please pass on my response.

We at SIG Energy Management are constantly carrying out these types of checks on behalf of a number of housing associations and local authorities across the UK. Our process may include Thermal Imaging and Bora scope checks as well as manual installation assessments and EPC’s. Please see attached brochure, our ‘Insight’ programme which explains our process in more detail.

Also, we are attending and exhibiting at the CIH conference next week in Manchester and I can see by the delegate list that there are a number of representatives from the Northern Ireland Housing Executive that are due to be present, please feel free to pass on my details ad I would be happy to meet with any of them to discuss their requirements in more depth.

Kind regards

Chris

Chris Chapman
Business Development Manager (South West)
SIG Energy Management
chrischapman@sigenergymanagement.co.uk
Attachments
Insight Brochure.pdf
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 260 times

Technitherm

Re: Cavity Wall Insulation - Quality Research

Post by Technitherm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi Noel,

We are currently involved in a number of major projects across the UK requiring removal of saturated fibre CWI and would be happy to discuss/meet with you to explore your requirements further. Our technitherm polyurethane PUR closed cell insulation is the only CWI measure suitable for use very severe wind driven exposure conditions and flood risk areasthroughout the whole of the UK.

Please call me on 07889 725211 to discuss the above or if you would like to meet up at the CIH, Manchester, next week.

Kind regards

Mervyn

Mervyn Kirk
Director
Energy Efficiency Solutions

Isothane Ltd.,Newhouse Road, Huncoat Business Park, Accrington,Lancashire. BB5 6NT
(Mobile) 07889 725211 +44 (0)1254 872555
mervyn.kirk@isothane.com www.isothane.com

Technitherm® - Cavity Wall Insulation For Hard-To-Treat/Non-Standard Cavity Walls
Mervyn Kirk
Director
Energy Efficiency Solutions
Isothane Ltd
(Mobile) 07889 725211
mervyn.kirk@isothane.com www.isothane.com

Technitherm® - Cavity Wall Insulation For Hard-To-Treat/Non-Standard Cavity Walls

Return to “Insulation”