The BBC reports that "investment in clean energy in the UK has slumped following a fusillade of changes to government policy. These include:
- A ban on new onshore wind farms
- Withdrawing subsidies from solar
- Taxing renewables
- Selling the Green Investment Bank;
- Dumping the Zero Carbon Homes policy;
- Cancelling the £1bn Carbon Capture & Storage competition."
To read more, visit:
https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 31276.html
The criticism comes as the latest statistics show that Britain's windfarms provided more electricity than its eight nuclear power stations in the first quarter of 2018.
See https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -a-quarter
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests