The roadshows will offer participants the chance to learn more about why heat pumps make sense, build their technical knowledge of how best to ensure good performance and understand the financing of heat pumps.
The roadshows will be held on:
- Tuesday 16 / Thursday 18 June – London (fully booked)
- Tuesday 23 June – Glasgow
- Wednesday 24 June – Newcastle
- Wednesday 1 July – Exeter
- Thursday 2 July – Cardiff
- Monday 6 July – Birmingham
- Tuesday 7 July – Manchester
Heat pumps are already used across the UK in a wide variety of locations and settings.
- Walsall Housing Group has installed ground source heat pumps as part of the retrofit of a tower block, serving 65 flats.
- iverside Crescent is a new apartment development in Nottingham which draws heat from the River Trent to serve luxury flats and a swimming pool.
- The Cicely Saunders Institute, a purpose-built institute for palliative care at Kings College Hospital, London, uses ground source heat pumps to deliver heating and cooling to patients.
- Six office buildings on Falmouth Business Park in Devon are now receiving heating and cooling from ground source heat pumps, as is Vanguard House, a laboratory and office building on a science and technology park in Cheshire.
The roadshows are designed for potential heat pump customers – such as housing providers, businesses and property developers. Priority will be given to potential customers for heat pumps, rather than installers or consultants, when allocating places at each session.