The last EMCAN meeting was held on Monday 20th July at Ashfield District Council, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham with lunch sponsored by Starfish Group. Presentations included:
- Chair's Update, Karen Lond
- Delivering Government and Energy Company supported energy efficiency schemes, Ian Chapman, Ashfield District Council,
- Martin Gerrelli, Starfish Group
- Post-Election Policy Update, Ben Sayah, NEA
- Introduction to PHE, and an overview of air quality issues in the East Midlands, Stuart Aldridge, PHE;
- And an afternoon Site visit to Green Deal Communities funded properties – escorted by Starfish Group and officers from Ashfield DC
The next EMCAN meeting will be held on Friday 27th November at NVAC, Nottingham: sponsorship for this meeting has been secured from HeatSeekers. This meeting will be a full day with speakers from HeatSeekers and Robin Hood Energy in the morning followed by a training session in the afternoon.
To download the agenda for the 27 November meeting, and presentation slides from the previous meetings, visit:
http://www.can.uk.net/em/meetings/index ... 0704223511
Details of any other events held and/or forthcoming:
The last NEA East Midlands Fuel Poverty forum was held on 25th June at Ellipse Energy in Leicester; presentations included Derbyshire Healthy Homes Project, E.ON Energy Fund, Ellipse Energy, NEA's policy update and details of their Redressing the Balance Programme.
The next NEA East Midlands Fuel Poverty Forum will take place on 16th October at Ellipse Energy in Leicester.
Climate Just are providing introductory and intermediate training on 16th December at University of Nottingham. These are free, three-hour introductory training workshops from Climate UK, in partnership with the Environment Agency’s Climate Ready support service, for those interested in learning how to use the Climate Just tool in practice.
See http://www.can.uk.net/uk/event_item/ind ... 0928104611
Details of any current projects:
Successful DECC CHF bids in the East Midlands were:-
- Lincolnshire County Council - £570,000
Consortium bid with Boston Borough Council, East Lindsey DC, North Kesteven DC, South Holland DC, South Kesteven DC and West Lindsey DC
- Bolsover District Council - £117,800
Consortium bid with North East Derbyshire District Council
- North East Derbyshire District Council - £637,625
Consortium bid with Bolsover District Council