ALEO East Pennine regional update for the ALEO National Executive meeting - April 2017

News stories related to Energy Efficiency, Climate Change and Fuel Poverty. We'd very much like to here you're views on any of the stories we post here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ALEO Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ALEO East Pennine regional update for the ALEO National Executive meeting - April 2017

Post by ALEO Admin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 pm

- provided by Matt Lewer, Chair of ALEO East Pennine, for the ALEO Executive meeting held on 20 April 2017.

Until recently the position of Chair of the East Pennines ALEO has been vacant. This issue was raised by Darsh Chauhan, when he attended a NEA Fuel Poverty Forum in York on 3 March 2017 to present on the Homes Energy Conservation Act Reporting requirement. Following the session I was talking to Darsh when he asked me to consider taking on the role of Chair. The region already has a very experienced vice-chair in Jane Mears but she does not have the time available to take on a more active role then she already plays. After some consideration and encouragement from a handful of colleagues working at different local authorities, I agreed to accept the position.

I am the Principal Housing Policy and Development Officer in the Housing Strategy and Development team at East Riding of Yorkshire Council. My current role includes being the strategic lead for affordable warmth and domestic energy efficiency. Prior to this I managed a not for profit company, called Yorkshire Energy Partnership, which was owned by all of the local authorities in North Yorkshire. I have also previously managed the North Yorkshire and Humber Energy Saving Trust Advice Centre and have been chair of both the North Yorkshire Fuel Poverty Officer's group and the North Yorkshire Climate Change Officer's group.

As Chair I have the following priorities:

1. Organise two regional meetings per annum, to share best practice, support networking and discuss energy related issues.
2. Increase the membership within the region, especially where there are local authorities without anyone registered

Over the next few weeks I will be developing an action plan, so would welcome any suggestions/advice.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Yorkshire & Humber News and Announcements”