CAN Region: South West
CAN Position: South West Chair
Details of any meetings held and/or forthcoming:
- South West CAN is sponsored by British Gas.
- Last Forum meeting held on 3 December 2013. Items covered included: Big Energy Saving Network, ECO targeting, Swindon Home Check scheme and the NEA Warm homes campaign.
- Next Forum meeting to be held in Taunton on 23 April 2014. Agenda includes Smart Grids and Public Health action to tackle health inequalities.
North Somerset Council
• Affordable Warmth group looking to hold safe and warm events, such as electric blanket testing
Bournemouth Borough Council
• Working with Public Health and local GPs to fund an insulation scheme to top-up ECO
Stroud District Council
• Agreeing final details of forthcoming loan scheme
National Energy Action
• Programmes funded by DECC have enabled bill management sessions in Torbay and Bournemouth and work with health and well-being boards in Bournemouth and Poole
• Loan scheme currently operating
Swindon Borough Council
• Mailout to patients with COPD and heart conditions got a good response for information on a variety of topics, including health, benefit checks and falls