Energy Bill Revolution

Please post any general or miscellaneous comments or questions you have on the fuel poverty here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
murrelr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Energy Bill Revolution

Post by murrelr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Our Leader has been sent a letter regarding the Energy Bill Revolution (www.energybillrevolution.org) asking for the Council's support by taking a motion to the next Full Council meeting. I've been asked for my views on it. Before I respond I wanted to know if anyone else has had any dealings with this and whether any other Councils have signed up to it. Please let me know. Thanks.

ALEO Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Energy Bill Revolution

Post by ALEO Admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:59 am

Hi murrelr

CAN is officially supporting this campaign which is lobbying the Government to use money from green taxes to tackle fuel poverty by making homes more energy efficient.

I don't know personally how many other LAs are supporting this but CAN would encourage you to do so.

Best regards

Rob Leeson
CAN National Secretariat

murrelr

Post by murrelr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Cheers Rob that's useful to know.

John Kolm-Murray

Post by John Kolm-Murray » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 am

Hello,

We (Islington) signed up in January after our Leader agreed to support the campaign. I'm not sure if we need to go for a full Council motion.

John
Chair, London CAN
Deputy Chair, National CAN

Seasonal Health & Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator, London Borough of Islington

murrelr

Post by murrelr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks John. Have you / are you planning to do any promotional activity regrding it? Also, do you know if any other London councils have / are planning to sign up?

Cheers, Richard.

John Kolm-Murray

Post by John Kolm-Murray » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Richard,

Not sure about any publicity yet as I'm now waiting to hear whether the governing Labour Group will propose a motion after all. I have offered to help them organise a public meeting in the borough when they start doing those.

I haven't yet heard of any London boroughs signing up.

John
Chair, London CAN
Deputy Chair, National CAN

Seasonal Health & Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator, London Borough of Islington

Return to “General Fuel Poverty Issues”